Saturday, 21 November 2015

Accountability



I think accountability might be one of those 'made up' words, which weren't real when I was a kid. If you read or listen to any health/fitness blogs/podcasts/etc it is a big buzzword. It seems like a lot of the successful maintainers out there have ways of staying accountable, and so that is why I'm setting up a blog, so I can have some accountability too. There are other great things that come with blogging like community, motivation, and information sharing.

A bit about me.

I'm not at my highest weight, and I'm also not at goal, just somewhere on the journey from one to the other. My main goal is to not go up on the scales, and I'm trying to just go down a little at a time. Right now I'm in a good place of fitting nice clothes, and feeling fitter, so I'm struggling a bit with the motivation to drop some more fat.

My highest weight was when I was pregnant, I stopped weighing at 115 kilos, and 3 months after my daughter was born my weight had levelled out at 105kilos, and right now I am 94 kilos, a long way from my 'healthy weight range' of 58-79kilos. I was 76 kilos for a few years in my 20s and around 80 kilos for some years in my thirties. I'm aiming for 80 kilos as a goal, and will assess my final goal, when I get a bit closer.

The tools I use are my fitness pal, podcasts and blogs, instagram. I walk at least an hour most days ( I generally achieve my step goal of 11000 steps) and I plan the weeks dinners every weekend, which helps. We mostly eat out of our kitchen and don't eat out much.

Oh well, here goes my first post. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment